This year, the Dunedin Marathon will provide two mini marathons for children as a one off event on the morning of the marathon. The events will start at 8am at The Caledonian Ground, Logan Park, head into the park and finish inside Forsyth Barr Stadium. The exact course will be confirmed soon.
- 1 km for 5 to 8 year olds
- 2 km for 9 to 12 year olds
Entries need to be placed via the online entry form below and it’s free.
- You’ll be expected to give a gold coin donation at the time of race pack pick up
- The school with the most entries will win a prize
- Your school will have or will be receiving a letter inviting children to take part
- Inside the stadium will be a carnival atmosphere for families
- Each child will receive a goodie bag and a special commemorative wrist band
Pick up of Race Packs:
- Friday 7 September 3.00pm – 7.00pm at The Sargood Centre, Logan Park
- Saturday 8 September 10.00am – 4.00pm at The Sargood Centre, Logan Park
- Sunday 9 September from 7.30am at The Caledonian Ground
- 7.45am – Assemble at The Caledonian Ground
- 7.50am – Pre-race warm up
- 8.00am – Start of the races
Note: If you have previously entered a race on a Sports TG site (i.e. you already have a login) but have not entered your child, after you login (your email address is your account name), you need to select the button on the right to “Register Another Person To This Account”.
If you have never entered a race on a Sports TG site, you can enter your email address, a password and complete the process.
Confirm Your Entry
Once you’ve entered, you can see everyone who has entered by clicking “Confirmed Entrants” below.
NB: An issue earlier today with the “Confirmed Entrants” listing has been fixed.
There are occasional issues regarding compatibility of devices. If you’re having problems getting pass the first page of registration, select the button above to take you directly to the registration site.