- All participants must keep to the side of the road. Any person running/walking in the middle of the road will be disqualified.
- Registered runners must wear their club uniforms. Failure to do so could lead to disqualification.
- Hand cycles, bicycles, skateboards, scooters, roller blades, prams/strollers and pets are prohibited. Runners must not be accompanied by cyclists, vehicles or unentered runners. Runners who are followed in this way will be disqualified.
- Earphone devices are strongly discouraged.
- Only participants wearing official race numbers on their front and a timing chip around their ankle will be allowed to finish.
- The walks are called “recreational” because there are no official judges checking race walking technique. However, even though it’s recreational, walkers get really annoyed (even angry) when they see other walkers “cheating” using techniques that are running rather than walking and will report you!
- The age on race day applies to all races.
- The Full Marathon is open to all persons 18 years and over.The Half Marathon Run and Recreational Walk are open to all persons 16 years and over.
Please note that in previous years special dispensation was given to younger runners. For 2018 the organisers have decided to be in line with the Auckland Marathon as well as being consistent with guidelines from the IAAF. It’s true that their is no definitive proof either way regarding the possibility of harm to younger runners, but we believe this is a sensible path to take.
- The 10km Run and Recreational Walk are open to all persons 12 years of age and over.
- The 5km Run is open to everyone but please note that all children 11 years and under must be accompanied by an adult within arms reach.
- The NZ Championships Half Marathon is open to all athletes registered as a competitive athlete with an athletics and/or harrier club affiliated with Athletics NZ. If you’re not sure, please ask your club. All competitors must be over 16 years of age on 31 December 2019.
Entrants will be required to acknowledge the following:
“I acknowledge that to the best of my knowledge the information I have entered is true and correct and that I have adhered to the rules regarding age restrictions applied to each event. I acknowledge that I have read and agree to the race information and that the organisers have made every endeavour to make the event safe. All participants enter at their own risk. I acknowledge it is recommended that I do not listen to music on ear speakers while competing. I acknowledge that neither the organisers, sponsors nor any other party associated with this event shall have any liability, financial or otherwise, which might arise, whether or not by negligence, from any direct or indirect loss or damage of property, or injury or death, which might be sustained by me or any party directly or indirectly associated with me, from any intended or actual participation in this event or its related activities. I agree to abide by all race rules and any other requirements included in the entry details as listed on the Dunedin Marathon entry form, website and event programme. I authorise information given on this entry form may be used for promotional purposes
pursuant to the Privacy Act 1993. I accept that in the event that any “Act Of God” or any circumstances beyond the control of the organisers result in the cancellation of this event, my total entry fee is not refundable. I acknowledge that the course organisation will be closed at 1.00pm on race day, and that I must take responsibility for my actions and make my own arrangements for any support after this time.”