COVID-19 REFUND POLICY
If the event is cancelled due to COVID-19 levels 2, 3 and 4 being introduced prior to 24 August 2021, all entrants will receive a 75% refund on their entry fee and full refund on the t-shirt.
If the event is cancelled due to COVID-19 levels 2, 3 and 4 being introduced after 23 August 2021, no refund will be available.
Alternatively, rather than receiving a refund, transfer to the 2022 Dunedin Marathon is available at all pricing levels.
In the event of cancellation, all entrants will be contacted by email.
All entry fees are non-refundable (except as stated above regarding cancellation due to COVID-19. You may transfer your entry to another event, or to another person. The new entrant will need to fill out an entry form. All transfers can only be done during Race Pack pickup (refer to the Dunedin Marathon website (http://dunedinmarathon.co.nz) for days/times).
- The Full Marathon is open to all persons 18 years of age and over on race day.
- The Half Marathon Run and Recreational Walk are open to all persons 16 years of age and over on race day.
- The 10km Run and Recreational Walk are open to all persons 12 years of age and over on race day.
- The 5km Run and Walk is open to persons of all ages, but persons 11 years of age and younger must be accompanied by an adult within arms reach.
Information from your entry form will be used by the organisers for administration purposes. The organisers and sponsors reserve the right to use this information and any photographs taken of you on the course for promotional purposes at no cost to themselves. Your entry is an agreement to these conditions.
- All participants must keep to the side of the road. Any body running or walking in the middle of the road will be disqualified.
- Hand cycles, bicycles, skateboards, scooters, roller blades, prams/strollers and pets are prohibited. Runners must not be accompanied by cyclists, vehicles or un-entered runners. Runners who are followed in this way will be disqualified.
- Earphone devices are strongly discouraged.
- Only participants wearing official race numbers on their front (includes timing chip) will be allowed to finish.
- Registered runners must wear their club uniform. Failure to do so could lead to disqualification.
- Recreational Walk Events – NO RUNNING ALLOWED. If you intend to run any part of the course you should enter the running event.
SAFETY AND SUPPORTERS
All competitors enter at their own risk, traffic will be on the course at all times. Speed restrictions and road detours will be in place, full details will be in your Race Pack. Supporters are urged to contribute to a safe and enjoyable event.
By entering the race you acknowledge that to the best of your knowledge the information you have entered is true and correct and that you have adhered to the rules regarding age restrictions applied to each event. You acknowledge that you have read and agree to the race information and that the you understand the organisers have made every endeavour to make the event safe. You enter at your own risk. You acknowledge it is recommended that you do not listen to music on ear speakers while competing. You acknowledge that neither the organisers, sponsors nor any other party associated with this event shall have any liability, financial or otherwise, which might arise, whether or not by negligence, from any direct or indirect loss or damage of property, or injury or death, which might be sustained by you or any party directly or indirectly associated with you, from any intended or actual participation in this event or its related activities. You agree to abide by all race rules and any other requirements included in the entry details as listed on the Dunedin Marathon entry form, website and event programme. You authorise information given on your entry form may be used for promotional purposes pursuant to the Privacy Act 1993. You accept that in the event that any “Act Of God” or any circumstances beyond the control of the organisers result in the cancellation of this event, your total entry fee is not refundable (except if cancellation due to COVID-19 is announced prior to 24 August 2021, where a 75% refund on your entry fee and a full refund on your t-shirt will be available). You acknowledge that the course organisation will be closed at 1.00pm on race day, and that you must take responsibility for your own actions and make your own arrangements for any support after this time.